Areas of Practice
PUT 30+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE TO WORK FOR YOU
Mr. Mott has over 30 years of experience handling criminal defense cases. His practice is over 90% criminal defense cases–from misdemeanors such as DUI, assault, battery, theft, retail theft, petite theft, criminal traffic cases, domestic violence cases, misdemeanor drug cases, and felonies such as such as felony drug possession, sales or delivery of drugs, drug trafficking, grand theft, dealing in stolen property, burglary, home invasion robbery, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, rape, sexual battery, robbery and murder. Mr. Mott is qualified to handle death penalty cases as LEAD COUNSEL, pursuant to Florida Supreme Court Standards.
Mr. Mott’s law practice includes ALL AREAS OF CRIMINAL DEFENSE:
FELONIES are crimes punishable by one year to life in prison and death penalty cases:
- Death Penalty Cases. First Degree Murder/Second Degree Murder/Manslaughter.
- Felony DUI, DWI, BUI, OUI, OWI drunk driving
- DUI Manslaughter/Vehicular Homicide
- Drugs and Narcotics Possession, Sale and Purchase, Trafficking, Conspiracy, Manufacture, distribution, Controlled substances, cocaine, crack, cannabis, pot, speed, crank, crystal meth, hydocodone, loratabs, ecstasy, heroin, horse, smack, etc.
- Multiple offenses Felony DUI
- Felony DUI/ Felony Driving while license suspended, DWLS
- Fleeing and eluding, escape
- Leaving the scene with serious personal injury or involving death
- Burglary, Robbery, Armed Robbery, Strong-arm Robbery, Robbery with a Firearm or weapon.
- Grand Theft, Dealing in Stolen Property, Identity Theft
- Bad checks over $300.00
- Domestic Violence Felony, Violations of Injunctions
- Battery, Aggravated Battery, Child Abuse, Kidnapping
- Aggravated Assault, Aggravated Battery, Aggravated Battery with a Weapon/Firearm
- Sex Crimes, Sexual Battery, Lewd Act
- Criminal Records Expunged and Sealed
- Bond Hearings, Bail Reduction Motion Hearings
- Felony Criminal Mischief
- All Fraud/ Shoplifting
- Aggravated Stalking
- MISDEMEANORS are crimes with a maximum penalty of one year incarceration and/or $1,000.00 fine (or a lesser penalty):
- Drug Possession under 20 grams of marijuana.
- DUI, DWI, OUI, OWI, BUI, BWI – drunk driving, Boating under the influence
- Reckless Driving
- Leaving the scene with property damage
- Driving with License Suspended, or Revoked or no valid driver’s license
- Assault / Battery/ Domestic Violence Battery
- Petit Theft/ Retail Theft
- Violation of injunction
- Criminal Mischief
- Bad checks under $300.00
- Solicitation, Prostitution
- Juvenile Delinquency:
- Criminal offenses committed by a person less than 18 years of age
- Administrative Law:
- DMV: DUI and point related suspensions before the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- Probation Cases:
- Violation of probation
- Modifications of probation
- Early termination of probation
- Criminal record expungements
- Governor’s pardons
- Executive clemency